Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Life Lately

Well life lately has been pretty crazy! We found out in August that we are expecting our first child and are beyond thrilled! WE celebrated our 5th year of marriage (10 years total) by going on a cruise. We left from New Orleans and stopped in Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan Honduras and Costa Maya. The weather was beautiful and we had a blast. Sadly the day before we left for our cruise we had to put our sweet Nala to sleep, She was 8 years old and had a great life! In December we found out our little peanut is going to be a boy!! We celebrated by having a silly string party with friends and family. In March (at 34 weeks pregnant) I developed a kidney stone that required me to have surgery and put 2 stents in my ureters (the "hose" from kidney to bladder). My right kidney was 100% compromised because of little man and the left kidney was 90% compromised because of the stone which was the size of the tip on a dry erase marker. Sadly there was no avoiding the surgery due to my right kidney being in the beginning stages of failure. Now I am good to go there just constantly uncomfortable and in pain due to the irritation. This past Monday (4/7) We decided to set a date to induce my labor and we chose this weekend!! So Friday April 11th I will go in at midnight to start the pitocin drip and hopefully our little man will make his arrival on Saturday April 12th!! I am hoping to use this blog to keep up with friends and family about the birth and life of our little boy and all of our many adventures! My goal is to post at least once a week, that way if I post more no biggie and if I don't I won't be upset with myself haha! Ok well now to go and take a nap before I go to work this afternoon!

No comments: